No standards connected with this content.
Which collection of standards looking for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students should be able to write a simple story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that they can draw and color a picture about anything that makes them happy today.
- Let them have time for you brainstorm some topics.
- Let them have several ideas such as for instance animals, toys, games, favorite food if they are stuck and can’t professional essay writing service think about anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose an interest of great interest for your requirements.
- Draw a picture to go right along with it. Show the students how the drawing does not have to be perfect.
- Demonstrate for the students how you will choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a listing and write those words from the board.
- Use 2-3 of those words in a sentence.
- Show the learning students the way the sentences relate with the picture.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the students to think of several words that tell concerning the picture they drew.
- Ask them to write the words on lined paper.
Independent time that is working
- Tell the students to consider sentences that tell about their pictures before they start writing.
- Have students turn and keep in touch with an elbow partner to spell it out the matter that is very important to them orally using relevant details
- Ask them to write sentences that are 1-2 the image.
- Enrichment: Encourage advanced students to create a paragraph about their picture. They may would you like to add pictures that are additional writing, encourage them to do this.
- Support: Struggling students may focus on correct spelling. Since this is beginning writing, encourage them to sound out words or write them phonetically. You can easily assist them.
- Collect the papers.
- See the sentences. Check to be sure they match the image and stayed on topic.
- If students stayed on topic, they can write more independently.
- Meet individually with students who may require help that is extra.
Review and closing
- Allow students to fairly share their writing with a partner before selecting a few volunteers to generally share their writing using the whole class.
Related learning resources
Choose an account to Log In
But first, we need to verify your actual age!
You have to be 13 or over to proceed. Please verify your age
Which is okay!
Just grab a grownup to keep.
Will you be 13 or older? View here
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email address so we’ll send you instructions to reset your password. Return to check in page
Reset Password Email Sent
The e-mail is on its way. Please allow a minutes that are few it to arrive. Didn’t have the email? Return back and attempt again
Tell us about yourself
School Information (optional)
Add to collection
Create new collection
Sign up to start collecting!
Bookmark this to easily find it later. Then send your curated collection to your kids, or put together your own custom lesson plan.
Warning – you may be about to cookies that are disable. In the future, you will need to enable cookies before doing so if you decide to create an account with us.
How likely have you been to recommend Education.com to friends and family and colleagues?
What could we do to improve Education.com?
Take note: Use the Contact Us link at the end of our website for account-specific questions or issues.